Fire chief says buyers should inspect mulch bags for hot spots.
AURORA, Ohio - Kathleen Novak is a successful Howard Hanna real estate agent, who takes pride in her Aurora home. However, this past July Fourth holiday weekend, a small fire caused damage to the outside of her house.
Novak told 5 On Your Side Troubleshooter Joe Pagonakis that she was stunned when she learned the small blaze got started after her newly-delivered landscaping mulch caught on fire.
Aurora Fire Chief David Barnes told Novak her mulch was the victim of spontaneous combustion, and that his department is called out on mulch fires a couple of times a year.
Please visit NewsNet5 to read the rest of this article.