The one-day event will cover the principles and practices of proper pruning.
The Ohio Nursery & Landscape Association will hold a workshop that details the principles and practices of pruning.
The day-long event will take place at the Delaware County Board of Elections in Delaware, Ohio, on March 14.
The event schedule includes:
• 8:45 a.m.: Registration with refreshments
• 9 a.m.: Welcome by Dr. Gary Gao, extension educator and associate professor, OSU Extension in Delaware County
• 9:05 a.m.: Training and pruning grapevines - Gao
• 10 a.m.: Pruning small trees and ornamental shrubs in the landscape - Elliott H. Schaffer, environmental horticultural services, Dublin, Ohio, and ISA certified arborist
• 12 p.m.: Lunch (included)
• 1 p.m.: Pruning herbaceous ornamentals and vines - Pam Bennett, extension educator, assistant professor, and Ohio master gardener state coordinator, OSU Extension in Clark County
• 2:30 p.m.: Training and pruning apple trees - Gao
• 4 p.m.: Evaluations and adjourn
The registration fee is $30 and includes the all-day program, handouts, morning refreshments, lunch and a certificate of completion. Attendees can earn one OCNT (ONLA) credit.
Registration closes March 11. For more information and to register, call (740) 833-2030 or click here.