Industry leaders guide equipment manufacturers trade group.
The Association of Equipment Manufacturers (AEM) announced its newly-elected 2013 officers:
• Chair is Stuart Levenick, Group President of Caterpillar Inc., Peoria, Illinois
• Vice Chair is Richard Patek, President Telsmith & Group Vice President Aggregate & Mining of Astec Industries Inc., Mequon, Wisconsin
• Treasurer is Michael Haberman, President of Gradall Industries Inc., New Philadelphia, Ohio
• Secretary is Dennis Slater, AEM’s full-time President, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
• AG Sector Board Chair is Robert Kolb, Vice President Global Business Development of GEA Farm Technologies Inc., Naperville, Illinois
• CE Sector Board Chair is John Patterson, Chairman and CEO of JCB Inc., Pooler, Georgia
AEM’s board of directors, led by the officers, sets the guidelines and operating policies of AEM on behalf of members in areas including public policy, equipment statistics and market information, trade shows, technical and product safety support, global business development, education/training, workforce development and worksite safety/educational materials.
AEM is the North American-based international trade group providing innovative business development resources to advance the off-road equipment manufacturing industry in the global marketplace. AEM membership comprises more than 850 companies and more than 200 product lines in the agriculture, construction, forestry, mining and utility sectors worldwide. AEM is headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, with offices in the world capitals of Washington, D.C.; Ottawa, Canada and Beijing, China.