Get the latest on all things engines.
It’s the most important part of your equipment – your engine. Below, check out some new small engines and products that help keep them humming.
Briggs & Stratton Vanguard 810cc Engine Line
The pitch: Briggs & Stratton Vanguard 810cc engines are made for commercial zero-turn mowers.
- The engines are available in 24 or 26 gross horsepower models.
- The new models have 810cc of displacement for higher torque to take on the heavy workloads common in commercial settings.
- Vanguard 810cc engines will be almost exclusively assembled using Direct Current (DC) electric hand tools in lieu of more-common air tools. This technology allows technicians to program the fastening process for quality control.
For more information: www.vanguardengines.com
Kohler Command PRO EFI Propane Engine
The pitch: Kohler Engines recently expanded its lineup of EFI (electronic fuel injection) engines with the Command PRO EFI Propane Engine to meet the diverse needs of today’s green industry professionals.
- The engine is offered on Kohler’s Command PRO EFI commercial line with between 22 and 25 horsepower.
- Kohler’s closed-loop EFI engines integrate an oxygen sensor that analyzes the air/fuel mixture in the unit’s muffler.
- If the oxygen level strays from the ideal mixture, the sensor triggers adjustments to the amount of fuel injected into the system. The EFI technology then “closes the loop” between the air/fuel intake and the exhaust output.
For more information: www.KohlerEngines.com
Subaru Big Block Engines
The pitch: Subaru Industrial Engines introduces two new big block V-Twin engines – the 35-hp EH90 and 40-hp EH99. The engines are designed for equipment like concrete polishers, riding trowels, utility vehicles, zero-turn mowers and ride-on blowers.
- Both engines are 999cc and feature heavy-duty connecting rods, large crankshaft bearings and 3-ring pistons.
- Temperature sensors are located on the engine heads and have an optional engine shutoff to prevent any damage from overheating.
For more information: www.subarupower.com
Toro Premium Fuel Treatment
The pitch: Toro’s Premium Fuel Treatment is designed for use with both 2- and 4-cycle small engines.
- At one ounce per two gallons of fuel, Toro Premium Fuel Treatment keeps fuel fresh for up to two years.
- It is also designed to protect fuel against water absorption.
- It includes detergents that dissolve particulate deposits within the fuel system, keeps the intake valves clean and coats and protects the carburetor.
For more information: www.toro.com/dealer
VP Fix-It Fuel
The pitch: VP Small Engine Fuels introduces Fix-It Fuel, an ethanol-free 89 octane gas and oil mix.
- Although mixed with 100 percent synthetic oil at 50:1, it works in any 2- or 4-cycle small engine.
- Fortified with mechanic in a bottle fuel system treatment, it cleans and repairs the fuel system without having to remove the carburetor or injectors.
- Fix-It Fuel is best used as a one-time treatment for poor/non-running engines before the introduction of ethanol-free fuel.
For more information: www.vp-sef.com