When it comes to UTVs, these companies have what you’re looking for.
UTVs aren’t just for fun, and landscape contractors are noticing that. If you’re thinking about adding a utility terrain vehicle to your equipment lineup, there are many options out there. All UTVs are not created equal, so take a look at this list and see what works best for your needs.
Kubota RTV-X Series
The pitch: Kubota’s RTV-X Series is new to the product lineup, with three models: the RTV-X900, RTV-X1100C and RTV-X1120D.
- The RTV-X900 has a payload capacity of 1,598 lbs. with a towing capacity of 1,300 lbs. The RTV-X1100C has a payload capacity of 1,510 lbs. with a towing capacity of 1,300 lbs., and the RTV-X1120 D has a payload capacity of 1,629 lbs. with a towing capacity of 1,300 lbs.
- All three come with three tire options: Heavy Duty Worksite, ATV or Turf.
- All three are four-cycle, three-cylinder diesel engines, and each has a 60/40 split-bench with under-seat storage.
For more information: www.kubota.com
Ariens/Gravely Atlas JSV
The pitch: Ariens/Gravely unveiled its Atlas JSV, with JSV standing for jobsite vehicle, making it a vehicle specifically for work instead of play.
- The vehicle has a 1,900-lb. payload and 2,000-lb. towing capacity.
- The MX-18 JobBox features a 1,250-lb. capacity, all made of steel. The 48-in. x 57-in. cargo bed is also on electric lift, which is standard for all Atlas vehicles, and the bed can fit a full-sized wooden pallet.
- There are four models available, with two fuel options: EFI and diesel. Each can come as either a three-seater (The SSC-3000) or six-seater (the SSV-6000).
For more information: www.gravely.com
Bobcat 3400 and 3400XL
The pitch: Bobcat’s four-wheel drive 3400 and 3400XL UTVs are new for 2015 and feature improved suspension systems, faster travel speeds and more integrated accessories.
- Both models are available with either a 40-horsepower gas engine or a 23-horsepower diesel engine. With a dealer-installed kit, they can reach up to 40 mph.
- The 3400 has a cargo box load capacity of 1,250 lbs. and the 3400XL has a cargo box capacity of 1,100 lbs. Both have a towing capacity of 2,000 lbs.
- The vehicles can be converted from an open to an enclosed cab in a few minutes with the installation of optional hinges. The cabs feature front and rear windows, a roof and canvas or hard-sided doors.
For more information: www.bobcat.com
John Deere Gator HPX 4X4
The pitch: John Deere’s Gator HPX 4X4 UTV features an SAE and OSHA certified ROPS (Roll-over protective structure), making it a good choice for worksites.
- Features a 1,400-lb. payload and towing capacity, and the steel cargo box has a 1,000-lb. capacity. The cargo box loads at under 3 feet and tilts for easy dumping.
- The HPX 4X4 features on-demand four-wheel drive that automatically senses when the rear wheels slip, then engages front wheels with full torque, maximizing traction.
- It has an Occupant Protection System with a passenger-side hand-hold and three-point seatbelts that are SAE ROPS certified.
For more information: www.deere.com
Polaris GEM eM1400
The pitch: Polaris has released the GEM eM1400, the first GEM model completely designed and engineered by Polaris.
- The eM1400 features a 1,400-lb. payload capacity, a 1,100-lb. rear cargo-carrying capacity and can tow up to 1,250 lbs.
- It has a top speed of 19mph and as an electric vehicle with zero emissions, it can be driven both indoors and outdoors, making it a good fit for facilities and grounds maintenance, indoor warehousing, lawn and landscape, farm utility, hospitality and property upkeep.
- It comes with a 7 horsepower AC motor that has a range of up to 45 miles per charge, depending on temperature, grade, payload and driving style.
For more information: www.polaris.com
Cub Cadet Volunteer 4X4 EFI
The pitch: Cub Cadet’s Volunteer 4X4 EFI UTV is a versatile machine with more than 40 attachments that can be used for different projects.
- The UTV has a 1,400-lb. payload and towing capacity.
- Features a 31 horsepower Kohler Aegis 747cc V-Twin EFI engine with liquid cooling.
- Some of the optional attachments include a digital speedometer and fuel gauge, an electric bed lift, a heavy-duty molded bed and tailgate liner, a 72-inch super-duty blade and an acrylic windshield.
For more information: www.cubcadet.com