PBI/Gordon was founded in 1947 as Private Brands Inc. It formulated pesticides and provided private label packaging for firms serving the agricultural industry. The company purchased the Gordon Chemical Co. in 1956 and began to branch out with their own line of agricultural insecticides. In 1967, they officially became PBI/Gordon Corporation, merging the two company names. In 1969, the company introduced Trimec® - the first chemical manufactured exclusively for the turf market. The Trimec product line is one of PBI/Gordon’s best known brands and continues to contribute to the company’s success today. PBI/Gordon is also well known for their more recent ProForm® line which includes SpeedZone®, Q4® Plus and Surge® Herbicides.
PBI/Gordon has also expanded into the consumer lawn, garden, and farm and ranch markets, as well as animal health in the consumer and veterinary markets. The most recent expansion has been the addition of Lambert Kay®, a well-known provider of pet grooming, household and health products.
PBI/Gordon is 100% employee-owned and is headquartered in Kansas City, MO with manufacturing facilities in Kansas City and Crestline, Kansas and Pensacola, Florida.