Debug the Myths, a consumer education program sponsored by RISE, is hitting the road to help people understand the benefits of pesticide and fertilizer products.
WASHINGTON - Debug the Myths, a consumer education program sponsored by RISE (Responsible Industry for a Sound Environment), is hitting the road to help people understand the benefits of pesticide and fertilizer products. The Debug the Myths branded RV will be making stops all along the East coast, starting in Tampa, Fla. and ending in Buffalo, NY, featuring interactive opportunities for both kids and adults to engage in.
Participants at the road show stops will experience the following:
• The chance to star in their own Honey, I Shrunk the Kids moment by taking a picture in front of a green screen and choosing a "pest's eye view" background to add to the image.
• Learn what invasive pest matches their personality by taking the What Pest Are You?
• Help with a community clean-up to demonstrate how pest management and plant health products protect and beautify green areas.
• Discover where pests might be hiding in their home by taking a virtual house tour to uncover unexpected house guests.
The Debug the Myths RV can be tracked on the Debug the Myths Web site (www.DebugtheMyths.com). Photos, videos and response from tour participants will be posted on the site throughout the tour. The tour will include the following stops:
• Tampa (March 17-21): Debug the Myths will sponsor a Toronto Blue Jays spring training game and swarm Florida’s Largest Home & Garden Show. DeBug the Myths also is teaming up to clean up by working with the Boys and Girls Club of Tampa to makeover the green space adjacent to their facility.
• White Plains, New York (March 26-28): Homeowners in Westchester County are known for beautiful homes and landscaping. Debug the Myths is partnering with the White Plains Parks and Recreation Department on Saturday, March 27, for a Family Fun Day at Delfino Park.
Future stops and activities will be announced in the coming weeks on www.DebugTheMyths.com.