Exmark unveiled its new Lazer Z Diesel commercial zero-turn riding mower, which has a 96-inch UltraCut Flex Wing cutting deck and Yanmar liquid-cooled diesel engines equipped with Exmark’s RED Technology.
The machine is capable of mowing in excess of 10-acres per hour. Raising the wing decks reduces the required trailering space, allowing the 96-inch Lazer Z Diesel to fit on most trailers designed for 72-inch zero-turn riders.
The all-new UltraCut Flex Wing cutting deck is a rear-discharge design featuring a 48-inch center deck with two 24-inch wing decks, for a 96-inch total cutting width. The deck uses four matching blades to deliver consistent cut quality across the entire 8-foot width of cut. The configuration is also designed to deliver unmatched performance when equipped with the optional Mulch Kit accessory. Both wing decks can flex up to 20-degrees up and 15-degrees down to minimize scalping and maximize productivity on uneven terrain.
In addition to the large 96-inch UltraCut Flex Wing cutting deck, the Lazer Z Diesel is also available with Exmark’s 60- or 72-inch UltraCut cutting decks in side- or rear-discharge configurations. Fully fabricated and welded from high-strength 7-gauge steel, these decks feature Exmark’s exclusive flow-control baffles for a signature quality of cut. A hydraulic deck lift is standard on every Lazer Z Diesel machine.
The RED Technology-equipped, liquid-cooled Yanmar diesel engines power the new Lazer Z Diesel machines. For applications requiring maximum power and torque combined with quiet operation, Exmark offers the 1.6-liter common rail direct-injection engine as an option on all three models. A 1.3-liter turbo diesel engine option is available on the 60- and 72-inch Lazer Z Diesel models. Both engines deliver the reduced exhaust emissions necessary to achieve EPA Tier 4 compliance.
New Lazer Z Diesel machines include a number of technologies designed to increase operator comfort through reduced exposure to bumps and vibration. Isolation mounts under the seat base and footrest, and within the motion control system, provide three-dimensional isolation from vibration transmitted through the mower frame. The full-suspension operator seat features Exmark’s scissor link ball-bearing suspension system, Elastomeric Vibration Control (EVC) stretch fabric base and custom seat cushion foam.
More Exmark news from GIE+EXPO:
- Exmark introduced the 24-inch Stand-On Aerator. The enhanced design of this new compact stand-on aerator was based off the company’s successful 30-inch Stand-On machine.
- Exmark will offer a new Smart Controller on select 2018 LazerZ S-Series commercial zero-turn riding mower models. The Smart Controller is designed to provide a more robust operator interface and reduce downtime. This includes interlock status, PTO and total hours, fuel level, maintenance reminders and machine health status
- Exmark has updated its Quest residential zero-turn riding mowers for 2018, with improved engine protection, an updated control panel and a fresh, new look.
- Exmark introduced a spreader attachment for its Stand-On Aerator. The spreader attachment enables landscape professionals to offer over-seeding in conjunction with aeration programs.
- Exmark launched a new suspended platform-equipped version of its Radius S-Series zero-turn riding mower. The new machine is designed to deliver a smoother ride and minimize operator fatigue, while maintaining the productivity, durability and cut quality.