The Irrigation Association Education Foundation welcomed its leadership during the 2009 Irrigation Show in San Antonio.
Named to the board were:
- Chair: Lynda Wightman, Hunter Industries (San Marcos, Calif.)
- Vice Chair: Robert von Bernuth, Michigan State University (East Lansing, Mich.)
- Treasurer: Steve McCoon, Nelson Irrigation Corp. (Walla Walla, Wash.)
Wightman said she plans to accomplish key initiatives by using small groups of volunteers to focus on independent tasks that help the foundation advance the irrigation profession through education.
Priorities for 2010 include:
- Update and improve industry manuals and workbooks.
- Complete classroom training modules on nine new topics.
- Increase marketing efforts to attract future irrigation professionals.
For additional Foundation information, visit www.iaef.org.