GREENBUSH, Minn. – Altoz has announce the TRX – power equipment industry’s first tracked zero-turn mower – began shipping to dealers last week. TRX was introduced to the trade in October, and received a 2016 Pro Tool Innovation Award (PTIA), recognizing products for innovation, power and value.
TRX provides technology for commercial use on sloped, wet and untamed terrain. Equipped with rear-mounted tracks and torsional suspension system, the TRX allows lawn care professionals, utility companies and municipalities to maintain tough places.
“Watching the excitement build for the TRX starting in October followed by the overwhelming interest we saw on Facebook has been really gratifying. Now we’re hearing that dealers are selling out within days of receiving their first TRX deliveries,” said Dennis Brazier, Altoz CEO/founder.
Altoz tracks are specifically designed for the TRX with track patterns that allow for maximum traction and stability, yet minimal ground disturbance when turning – resulting in less ground pressure and turf tears.
TRX models include the choice of either Altoz’s Aero Deck finish cut deck or an all-terrain deck, both available in 61- or 66-inch widths, each deck is also available as an option.
The finish cut deck provides a quality cut and optional attachments such as Altoz’s mulch kit, chute shut-off, collection system or striping kit. Multi-cut blades pivot when hitting an immovable object to protect the blade, spindle and engine.
TRX models are available with a choice of either a Kohler Command Pro EFI with 33 hp, or a Vanguard EFI with 37 hp.
Features for both decks:
Finish Cut Mower Deck
- High output cutting and mulching system features heat-dissipating spindles and adjustable baffles.
- Deep-deck design with non-obstructive internal surfaces creates optimal airflow for maximum grass lift, superior cutting uniformity, reduced clumping and efficient grass processing.
- Widths: 61 inch or 66 inch
- Targeted blade tip speed: 18,500 fpm
- Height-of-cut/increment: 3.0 to 7.0 inch /.25 inch increments
- Heavy-duty, fabricated, reinforced steel deck with three multi-bearing, heat-dissipating deck spindles. Sloped back rear-discharge design efficiently processes material.
- Multi-cut blades – Blades pivot when hitting an immovable object to protect the blade, spindle and engine. Forged and heat-treated for exceptional, long-lasting sharpness.
- Widths: 61 inch or 66 inch.