ORLANDO, Fla. – Hundreds of franchise owners gathered in early October to celebrate U.S. Lawns’ 25 years in business.
Buoyed by a 9 percent increase in revenue in the most recent fiscal year, U.S. Lawns commemorated its successes and its achievements of a nationwide network of owner-operators during the company’s Annual Conference, held at the Orlando World Center Marriott, Oct. 6-8.
Among U.S. Lawns’ accomplishments in the last 25 years:
- The company now has more than 240 franchises.
- The number of franchisees is up more than 50 percent since 2007.
- Despite turmoil in the economy overall, revenue systemwide is up 52 percent over the past five years and 38 percent since 2008, as the recession got underway.
- U.S. Lawns now operates in all 48 contiguous states.
- Snow and ice management is now a major service, which was reflected in record attendance during the company’s annual Snow Summit last summer in Nashville.
“In our 25th anniversary year, we are deeply gratified and proud to see how our business model continues to succeed amid economic difficulties that, for many others, have been devastating,” said Ken Hutcheson, U.S. Lawns president. “U.S. Lawns is committed to helping our franchisees thrive because we understand the critical role small businesses play in America’s economy.”
The company attributes its growth to its competitive pricing models for customers and its affordable franchise program that provides tools, training and ongoing support for entrepreneurs starting and growing their businesses. U.S. Lawns has built a commercial landscape management network based on a theme of “national strength, local commitment” since 1986.
U.S. Lawns continues to expand at a fast clip, adding 31 new franchises since summer 2010. This places the company among the country’s fastest-growing franchises overall, according to Entrepreneur Magazine. It also ranked No. 9 on Lawn & Landscape's Top 100 list this year.