So that little bit of flab you promised to burn off after the New Year is a lot harder to do than you thought. Well, what if you could burn some calories and add some cash to the bottom line? Just stretch out those hamstrings, grab a hold of a walk-behind mower and get to work. Before you know it, all those steps will have you fit and trim just in time for beach season. Here’s a sampling of some of the new models on the market.
Exmark Commercial 30-in. Walk-Behind
The pitch: The Exmark 30-in. walk-behind delivers increased productivity of 43-percent compared to 21-in.mowers.
- 4.6-in. deep, 3-in-1 cutting deck quickly changes from side-discharge, mulching or bagging without tools.
- Heavy-duty, positive drive transmission with infinitely-variable ground speed, up-to 4.2 mph.
- Kawasaki KAI FJ180V engine with remote one-gallon fuel tank.
For more information: www.exmark.com
Husqvarna AWD Mower
The pitch: Experience a walk-behind mower with the kind of traction and handling you can get in an automobile – all-wheel drive.
- Designed for uneven terrain, the HU800AWD features a heavy-duty steel deck and a Honda GCV 190 engine.
- Complementing its all-wheel drive feature, the HU800AWD has wheels with an aggressive tread pattern, which provides additional traction and maneuverability.
- It also includes a water hose connector for deck cleaning.
For more information: www.husqvarna.com/us/awd
John Deere Hydraulic Drive Mowers
The pitch: The new WHP Series – WHP36A, WHP48A, and WHP52A – offers pistol grip controls and hydraulic drive on a commercial walk-behind mower.
- Available with 14.5- or 18.5-hp engines, the WHP Series offers a 5.8-gallon fuel tank, standard electric start and standard electric PTO.
- The pistol grip controls allow for adjustable tracking and each model has seven-gauge fabricated floating decks.
- Deck sizes include 36-, 48- and 52-in.
For more information: www.JohnDeere.com/MowPro
Mean Green WBX-33 Mower
The pitch: Mean Green Products introduced its new WBX-33 lithium-powered commercial walk-behind.
- The 36-volt electric mower comes at a 33-in. deck, running on one lithium energy module for about a 2-4-hour running time at 4-5 miles per hour per charge.
- The mower runs at 73 decibels and 16 hp.
- Each lithium energy module weighs 50-70 lbs. and lasts up to 1,500 charge cycles.
For more information: www.meangreenproducts.com
Toro TurfMaster Mower
The pitch: The Toro TurfMaster 30-in. walk-behind covers more ground in less time.
- The 30-in. deck features a twin-blade cutting system and a 3-in-1 design for mulching, bagging or side-discharge.
- The deck is constructed of 13-gauge steel and is outfitted with skid plates on the bottom of the deck, plus a metal rear door.
- Has a rear-wheel drive transmission with variable ground speeds up to 4.1 mph.
For more information: www.toro.com
Wright Gear-Drive Mower
The pitch: Wright’s Velke gear drive walk-behind commercial mower is equipped with an adjustable axle, a five-speed transmission and a Warner MagStop clutch.
- The integrated latch system easily deploys and stows Wright’s Velke sulky.
- The Velke gear drive mower, with pistol grip control, is offered with a 15-hp engine and a choice of 32-, 36- or 48-in. mower deck.
- Comes with a 6-gal. fuel tank.
For more information: www.wrightmfg.com