Northern Star Industries, Inc. acquired THE BOSS Snowplow more than 24 years ago and quickly became an industry leader and innovator. Using new technology and state-of-the-art engineering and manufacturing, the company has pioneered a number of revolutionary features and equipment additions for snowplows, setting new standards within the industry.
- * SmartHitch®--changing forever the standard in snowplow attachment time, SmartHitch allows snowplow operators to attach and detach a plow in a matter of seconds in three very simple steps. SmartHitch represents the latest in breakthrough technology for snowplow mounting systems.
- * Power-V Multiposition Plow--synonymous with THE BOSS, the Power-V Plow, introduced and perfected by the company more than two decades ago, is the industry standard for multiposition snowplows.
- * SmartLight™--It's no secret that visibility is a major concern when plowing or transporting a snowplow. That's why SmartLight2 illuminates wider, farther and more consistently than any other plow light on the market today. Our state-of-the-art reflector optics and Dual Bulb Illumination provide a more consistent light pattern not found in competitor light packages. And when you have a long night of plowing ahead of you, Halogen InfraRed (HIR) bulbs provide a whiter light that's less fatiguing to the eyes.
- * SmartShield®--Setting the standard in the industry for paint finishes, THE BOSS SmartShield baked-on powder-coat paint finish begins with an exclusive zinc primer. The zinc primer adheres to the metal better providing superior corrosion resistance and gives each plow a high gloss shine that keeps your plow looking great for years to come.
THE BOSS Snowplow line consists of four main categories including:
- Power-V Multiposition Plows for 1/2 through 2-ton trucks.
- Straight-Blade Plows for downsized 4x4s, 1/2 through 2-ton trucks and SUVs.
- Straight-Blade Snowplows for Skid Steers.
- Salt Spreaders for 1/2 through 1-ton trucks.