The association’s new board was installed at the Work Truck Show.
INDIANAPOLIS – Frank Livas, president of Brake & Clutch, Inc. (Salem, Mass.), has been installed as the 48th president of the NTEA, the association for the Work Truck Industry. Livas accepted the gavel from immediate past president Steven Sill, president of Aspen Equipment Co. (Bloomington, Minn.).
“I am proud to say that my company has been a member of the NTEA for 38 years,” said Livas. “I’m happy to be able to give back to the association and the industry by taking on this leadership role.”
Livas began his career in high school as a third-generation employee of his family’s truck equipment distribution business, Brake & Clutch. Since 1973 he has worked in the business, initially as a machinist and equipment installer, followed by many years in parts and service. Livas served as general manager starting in 1980 before transitioning to senior vice president in 2006 and president/owner since 2011.
Livas earned a degree in business administration from Northshore Community College (Beverly, Mass.). He also attended Bentley College (Waltham, Mass.).
Also serving on the 2012-2013 board are Executive Committee Members: First Vice President Shawn Jacobs, president and CEO of STS Trailer & Truck Equipment (Syracuse, N.Y.); Second Vice President Mark Woody, president of Palfinger North America (Niagara Falls, ON, Canada); Third Vice President and Treasurer Jeffrey Messer, president of Messer Truck Equipment (Westbrook, Maine); and NTEA Executive Director and Secretary Steve Carey.
Serving alongside Executive Committee members are:
- Todd Davis, vice-president of Phenix Enterprises, Inc. (Pomona, Calif.)
- Brian Glover, president/owner of Tampa Crane & Body, Inc. (Tampa, Fla.);
- Adam Keane, general manager of Allied Body Works, Inc. (Seattle, Wash.);
- John Wartenbee, vice president of Northern Truck Equipment Corp. (Sioux Falls, S.D.); and
- Terry Wieseler, vice president/general manager of Truck Equipment, Inc. (Des Moines, Iowa)
Keane was re-elected, and Glover and Wartenbee were newly elected; all will serve three-year terms.
- Brett Collins, president of Venco/Venturo Manufacturing, Inc. (Cincinnati, Ohio);
- Matthew Wilson, president of Switch-N-Go & AmeriDeck Divisions of Deist Industries, Inc. (Hadley, Pa.) and
- Dave Zelis, director of sales & marketing for Buyers Products Company (Mentor, Ohio)