The company also honored employees at a recent awards banquet.
LAYTONSVILLE, Md. – Ruppert Landscape has promoted Bill Cobb to the position of director of information systems. In his new role, he will be leading the information systems and information technology team in improving the company’s efficiency through process improvement, solutions development and implementation and user training.
“Bill brings over 30 years of valuable operational experience that makes him uniquely qualified to identify with our business” said Ken Hochkeppel, CFO. “When you combine this landscape experience with strong business acumen and technology skills, and a thorough understanding of business processes you have a very rare and valuable combination. We are looking forward to putting Bill’s talents to work leading our process improvement efforts.”
Since 2010, Cobb has been working as Ruppert’s Information Systems Manager. Prior to being hired by Ruppert he had worked as a branch manager for Environmental Design Group and in various capacities at TruGreen Landcare including district manager, region manager and division vice president. He holds a B.A. in Ornamental Horticulture from Auburn University. Cobb, currently resides in Clay, Ala, and will be relocating to Maryland in the near future.
Awards. Eighteen Ruppert Landscape employees were honored recently as the company presented its annual awards at a banquet held at the National Conference Center in Leesburg, Va.
“Presenting these awards gives us the opportunity to thank all of our employees and their spouses for the sacrifices they make for our organization day in and day out,” said President Chris Davitt. “The 18 people who were honored have worked extremely hard and have excelled in their respective positions, overcoming the challenges they encountered with positive outcomes.”
Clyde Vadner Merit Award
This award is the company’s top honor and recognizes the individual who has contributed continuous, consistent, long-term hard work, dedication and job skill that has helped to shape the company. Jim Tuzzolino (Operations Manager, Maryland Landscape Construction branch), is a seven-year veteran of the Ruppert organization. “Jim exemplifies so many of the qualities that are the cornerstone of our Ruppert values,” said Bob Jones, vice president and director of Ruppert’s Landscape Construction Division. “Not only is he dedicated to getting the job done and keeping our customers happy, but in the process he is coaching others and investing in developing his team to ensure the long-term success of our organization.”
Pictured (left to right): Back row: Collins Fitts, Dave Sharry, Rob Groves, Matthew Davidson, John Cericole, Ethan Sansbury, Kevin Hazelgrove, Bob Jones, Darrin Middleton, Chris Davitt. Front row: Chris Southworth, Julio Zuniga, Tina Holt, Brandon Simmons, Lewis Buckley, Stephen Deweese, Ramiro Gaspar, Tom Flint, Slade Salmon, Jim Tuzzolino, Phil Key
Achievement Award. This award is the second of the company’s two top honors, and recognizes the employee who has made a significant contribution in 2012 through outstanding job execution and high-quality results. Kevin Hazelgrove (branch manager, Richmond Landscape Management branch) has been with Ruppert for two years and was recognized for his ability to take on challenges with a can-do, no boundaries attitude. “Kevin’s market experience and reputation, both with customers and employees, helped him build a solid book of business in our Richmond market and enabled him to hire an excellent team of employees,” said Phil Key, vice president and director of Ruppert’s Landscape Management Division. “His work ethic and leadership style align well with our Ruppert values and he’s a good example for all of us.”
These awards are given to the employee whose outstanding dedication and contributions have made a positive impact on their individual branch. This year, there were sixteen recipients:
• Brandon Simmons (Area Manager), a seven-year Ruppert employee from Baltimore, MD received the honor for the Baltimore Landscape Management branch
• Ethan Sansbury (Area Manager), a two-year Ruppert employee from Mint Hill, NC received the honor for the Charlotte Landscape Management branch
• Tina Holt (Payroll Manager, Ruppert Landscape), a five-year Ruppert employee from Damascus, MD received the honor for the Corporate branch
• Matthew Davidson (Area Manager), a three-year Ruppert employee from Chesapeake Beach, MD received the honor for the Forestville Landscape Management branch
• Lewis Buckley (Field Manager), a two-year Ruppert employee from York Springs, PA received the honor for the Frederick Landscape Management branch
• Rob Groves (Enhancement Manager), six-year Ruppert employee from Warrenton, VA received the honor for the Gainesville Landscape Management branch
• Slade Salmon (Field Manager), a seven-year Ruppert employee from Cummings, GA received the honor for the Georgia Landscape Construction branch
• Stephen DeWeese (Area Manager), three-year Ruppert employee from Lawrenceville, GA received the honor for the Georgia Landscape Management branch.
• Tom Flint (Area Manager), a one-year employee from Derwood, MD received the honor for the Lorton Landscape Management branch.
• Darrin Middleton (Field Manager), a 16-year Ruppert employee from Silver Spring, MD received the honor for the Maryland Landscape Construction branch
• Julio Zuniga (Enhancement Field Manager), a six-year Ruppert employee from Rockville, MD received the honor for the Laytonsville Landscape Management branch
• Chris Southworth (Estimator), a one-year Ruppert employee from Raleigh, NC received the honor for the North Carolina Landscape Construction branch
• John Cericole (Shop Manager), a one-year Ruppert employee from Elkton, MD received the honor for the Pennsylvania Landscape Management branch
• Collins Fitts (Area Manager) a one-year Ruppert employee from Raleigh, NC received the honor for the Raleigh Landscape Management branch.
• Dave Sharry (Area Manager) a one-year Ruppert employee from North Chesterfield, VA received the honor for the Richmond Landscape Management branch.
• Ramiro Gaspar (Field Manager), a five-year Ruppert employee from Westminster, MD received the honor for the Virginia Landscape Construction branch