The tutorial includes industry tips, tactics and techniques for finding and getting the right people.
April 16, 2012 – Finding good people from crew foremen to account managers to sales representatives is still the number one challenge facing landscape contractors. Whether you are trying to grow or simply maintain your business, not being able to identify and hire the right people can be a challenge.
Landscape contractors who can’t find the right people end up falling into the following traps:
• Sending out an inferior workforce into the field to service customers.
• Being held hostage by their current workforce.
• Not being able to grow and risk losing business due to the lack of good people.
The Harvest Group Recruiting Kit, which will be released this spring, is developed to help avoid those traps. Designed for landscape contractors of all sizes, the Recruiting Tool Kit will include Bill Arman’s new book, The Harvest Way for Recruiting and Hiring the Right People.
Arman, the former vice president of human resources for ValleyCrest Landscapes, has interviewed more than 5,000 job candidates in his career, and successfully hired hundreds of landscape professionals.
The 133-page book will help build your recruiting machine and includes the following
• Harvester Helpful Hints: More than 100 helpful bullet items to help build your recruiting machine.
• Short Stories: 14 Lessons Learned with examples of recruiting successes.
• Sources: 28 time-proven sources to find the right people.
• Sample Tools: 16 Sample Tools including: Job Outlines and Interviewing Questions
The Video Series
• A feature of the Recruiting Tool Kit is Harvesters Bill Arman and Ed Laflamme leading you through the key lessons covered in the book, step-by-step, all on video.
• The workbook is where the Harvesters provide detailed information on how to implement your company’s recruiting strategy. Along with a video guide conducted by Harvesters Bill and Ed.
The Recruiting Tool Kit also includes the “Recruiting Toolbox,” a collection of valuable tips and information on effective interviewing techniques and how to structure your recruiting efforts. All the tools are downloadable and easily accessible for landscape contractors and include:
• Job descriptions, performance reviews, screening and interview questions for five key positions: gardener, crew leader, account manager, business developer and branch manager.
• Sample employment documents including the 360 Review, Offer Letter, Thanks but No Thanks Letter, On Boarding Check List, 10-15 Report and Benefit Summary Sheet.
• Tools to organize the hiring process including how to handle exit interviews, examples of advertising pieces and recruiting flyers, how to develop bonus and sales commission programs, and sample pay ranges.
Pre-order your tool kit today and get a 20 percent discount! For more information on the Harvester Recruiting Tool Kit visit http://harvestlandscapeconsulting.com/featured-product/.