City Express to arrive in dealer showrooms in fall 2014.
DETROIT – Chevrolet will enter the small cargo van segment with the City Express to meet the demands of customers in an emerging commercial vehicle segment.
The 2015 City Express, Chevrolet’s first entry into the small van segment in the U.S. and Canada, joins the full-size Express van as part of the Chevrolet lineup in the fall of 2014.
“Our fleet customers have asked us for a small cargo van, so this addition to the Chevrolet portfolio will strengthen our position as the partner of choice for all of our customers,” said Ed Peper, U.S. vice president of GM Fleet and Commercial Sales. “It’s quite common in many parts of the world to leverage available manufacturing resources to bring transportation solutions to market for our customer’s benefit. It’s just smart business!”
Chevrolet’s entry into this segment will allow business customers to purchase all of their vehicles from one manufacturer, and service them through the largest dealer network offering even more convenience for their business.
Designed for small businesses to large fleets looking for a small, fuel-efficient, cargo carrying vehicle, the City Express will be available in LS and LT trim levels.
The LS model has the following features:
• 2.0 liter DOHC 4-cylinder engine
• Continuously Variable Transmission
• 4-wheel antilock brake system
• 15-inch steel wheels with 185/60R15 tires
• Gray cloth interior with vinyl bolster wear patches
• Fold down passenger seat with seat back tray table
• Center console with storage for file folders, laptop, etc.
• Upper dashboard mounted storage bin
• 40/60 split rear cargo doors (180-degree max opening)
• 20 integrated interior reinforced cargo mounting points
• Six exterior roof rack mounting points
• Six standard air bags
• Electronic stability control.
The LT model adds the following features:
• Power heated outside mirrors
• Power door locks with auto locking feature
• Remote keyless entry
• Cruise control with steering wheel mounted controls.
The City Express offers 122.7 cubic feet of space, along with various packages adding functionality and efficiency for the commercial customer.
• Upfit ready with weld nuts for attaching bins
• D-Rings affixed on the floor to allow securing of cargo from side to side and front to back
• Floor cover for entire cargo area to protect the vehicle and cargo
• Standard dual sliding doors to allow easy access to cargo from either side of the vehicle
• Flexible window options to meet the needs of business customers including window configurations for sliding doors
• Standard full–size spare tire
• Two different wheels with three different appearances
• Spotter side mirrors for wider angle vision
• Technology package with navigation radio, steering wheel audio controls, USB input, rear view camera, XM Radio and Bluetooth
• Appearance package with body color bumpers, mirrors, door handles and chrome grill with black accents
The 2.0-liter 16-valve DOHC 4-cylinder engine is rated at 131 horsepower and 139 lb-ft of torque. The engine is preliminarily matched with a responsive and efficient CVT transmission.
The City Express will qualify for Chevrolet’s Business Choice program. For more information, go to www.gmfleet.com.