Irrigation Tech will present 12 hands-on workshops.
Irrigator Tech, a professional organization dedicated to "Raising Professionalism in the Green Industry" through hands-on education, training and services, is presenting "12 Hands-On" workshops at the 2011 Long Beach Landscape Expo Oct. 12-13.
Contractors can choose from the following irrigator tech workshops:
C.I.A. Irrigation Landscape Site Inspection
C.IA. Auditing Irrigation System Tune-Up
C.I.A Irrigation Performance Test
C.I.A Auditing Landscape Irrigation Scheduling
Drip Class < (2 Time Slots Available)
Valves for Irrigation and Backflow (4 Time Slots Available)
CIRT 1: Tracking and Electrical Troubleshooting (2 Time Slots Available)
CIRT 7: Backflow Repair (2 Time Slots Available)
Basic Tree Care and Pruning (2 Time Slots Available)
Rainwater Harvesting, Bidding and Installing (2 Time Slots Available)
There are also dozens of other workshops or seminars including:
Including the series organized by the UC Cooperative Extension, attendees can choose from 13 seminars dedicated to one of the most important topics in the industry. Listed below are just a few . . .
- Success Stories: Sustainable Landscapes
- Sustainable Materials for Landscape and Garden
- Water Conservation and Drought Management
- CA-Legal Greywater: Laundry to Landscape
Choose from 22 seminars and workshops focused on the ultra important issues of irrigation, including:
- CA Model Water Efficient Landscape Ordinance: AB 1881
- Irrig. Scheduling to Promote Healthy Landscapes & Reduce Water
- Real Time Water Savings
- Maximizing Agronomics in Landscapes with Soil Moisture Sensors
- Empirical Evaluation of the EPA "Smart" Controller
Seven specific seminars presented by well known educators and landscape professionals focus on managing turfgrass..
- Sustainable Turfgrass Management
- ABC'S of Turf Management >
- Weed ID and Control in Landscape
From bugs to weeds the information in these eight dedicated seminars are ''Need to Know' for every maintenance professional. Here are a few:
- Pesticide Safety Refresher
- Invasive Pests: A threat to CA Urban Forest?
- Natural Animal Control for Turf and Ornamentals
- Nematodes: Friends and Foes
- Biocontrol in the Landscape - It's a Bug Eat Bug World
Be a part of this new trend with six seminars to help learn the ins and outs of this exciting landscape opportunity.
- Sustainability as it Relates to Harvesting Water
- Rainwater Harvesting: Passive and Active Systems Overview
- Rainwater Harvesting, Bidding and Installing
The Nat'l Association of Professional Women in Landscape (NAPWL) is presenting 5 of the 11 seminars aimed at assisting efforts in running a profitable and safe business, including:
- NAPWL Business Tool Box Part 1
- NAPWL Business Tool Box Part 2
- New Mechanic's Lien Laws
- Construction Contracts & Sub-Contracts
For more information, including registration, click here.