Jacqueline Applegate is in charge of the newly-formed Bayer Environmental Science North America.
RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK, N.C. - Jacqueline Applegate was named head of the newly formed Bayer Environmental Science North America, a division of Bayer CropScience, which provides plant health and pest solutions for consumer, turf and ornamental and pest management professionals.
“The new organization allows us to keep the focus even more on end-user needs to meet market dynamics, leverage the resources and knowledge within our organization and maximize innovation,” said Applegate, head of Bayer Environmental Science.
Applegate most recently served as head of Bayer Advanced, the consumer branded business for home and garden products, where the business grew successfully with focus on tree and shrub and rose care and new product launches like Natria and Season Long Weed. Josh Weeks, who led the North American Professional business, will retire Nov, 30, 2010. Applegate assumed the new responsibility effective Sept. 1, 2010, with Weeks supporting her during the organizational transition until his departure.
“We would like to thank Josh for his dedication to the organization and his significant contribution to the industry over his 37-year career,” said Applegate.
New organization for Bayer Environmental Science North America
The following leaders are serving in the new organization:
• Gilles Galliou, vice president of Commercial Operations
• Chris Bremen, director of Marketing
• Mark Schneid, director of Strategic Marketing
• Patrick Hinojosa, director of Supply Chain and Manufacturing
• Karen Shearer, director of Regulatory Affairs
• Terry Gouge, director of Product Development
• Peter Happe, director of Controlling and Business Services
In the Commercial Operations function, the following people are named as the business leaders:
• Jose Milan, director of Professional Turf and Ornamental Business Operations
• Chris Pienaar, director of Professional Pest Control and Vector Business Operations
• Jim Van Handel, director of Consumer Branded Business Operations
• Brian Rosenberg, Canadian business manager
“As the new leader of Bayer Environmental Science North America, I look forward to sharing my passion for growing and improving our business,” said Applegate. “During my three years as head of Bayer Advanced, the business grew because of the commitment of our people and an increased focus on understanding our customers, markets and need for solutions. I look forward to creating success together in these businesses.”
For more information on Bayer Environmental Science, visit www.bayercropscience.com.