The integrated landscape services firm won 11 national landscape awards for environmental improvement and 7 awards for superior safety performance records.
CALABASAS, Calif. – ValleyCrest Landscape Cos. was honored with 11 PLANET Awards and seven Safety Awards at the 41st annual Green Industry Conference awards presentation and reception in Louisville, Ky. ValleyCrest received two Judges Awards as well as nine Environmental Improvement Awards from the Professional Landcare Network (PLANET).
ValleyCrest’s two special PLANET Judges Awards, which recognize the best landscapes in the country, were presented to CityCenter in Las Vegas in the construction category and another Judges Award was presented to Intuit Santa Fe Summit, an office project in San Diego in the maintenance category.
ValleyCrest earned five PLANET Grand Awards for commercial landscape projects ranging from a botanical garden in Atlanta, a resort/casino in Las Vegas, office properties in Irvine, Calif. and San Diego, as well as a luxury hotel in Key Biscayne, Fla. The company won three Merit Awards including a cemetery in Los Angeles, a resort in Newport Beach, Calif. and a luxury hotel property in Scottsdale, Ariz., as well as one Distinction Award for a sports stadium project in Reno, Nev.
“Having so many of our customers’ landscape projects recognized again by PLANET is an honor for all of us at ValleyCrest because we realize we’re fortunate to work with a caliber of customer that recognizes and expects quality,” said Richard A. Sperber, president and CEO of ValleyCrest.
ValleyCrest’s PLANET Judges, Grand, Merit, and Distinction Award recipients are listed below.
(Property, Location, Category)
• CityCenter, Las Vegas, Construction Category
• Intuit Santa Fe Summit, San Diego, Maintenance Category
• Atlanta Botanical Gardens, Atlanta, Commercial Landscape Contracting – More than $1,000,000
• CityCenter, Las Vegas, Commercial Landscape Contracting – More than $1,000,000
• 20-40 Pacifica, Irvine, Calif., Commercial Landscape Management - Office and Industrial Sites/Hotel and Resorts
• Intuit Santa Fe Summit, San Diego, Calif., Commercial Landscape Management - Office and Industrial Sites/Hotel and Resorts
• The Ritz-Carlton, Key Biscayne, Key Biscayne, Fla., Commercial Landscape Management - Office and Industrial Sites/Hotel and Resorts
• Garden of Solomon at Hillside Memorial Park & Mortuary, Los Angeles, Commercial Design/Build – More than $1,000,000
• The Resort at Pelican Hill, Newport Beach, Calif., Commercial Landscape Management - Office and Industrial Sites/Hotel and Resorts
• Fairmont Scottsdale Princess, Scottsdale, Ariz., Commercial Landscape Management - Office and Industrial Sites/Hotel and Resorts
• Reno Aces Ballpark, Reno, Nev., Commercial Design/Build - Above $1,000,000
PLANET also awarded Valley Crest Tree Company seven Safety Awards for superior records.
Silver performance level awards included:
• Nursery locations in Farmington, Calif., Fillmore, Calif., and Piru, Calif.
• Specimen Contracting locations in Sunol, Calif. and San Fernando, Calif.
• Specimen Tree Division in San Fernando, Calif.
Bronze performance level award:
• Northern California Nursery in Sunol, Calif.