Looking for a new skid-steer this year? Checkout the latest developments on the market, and find out which one fits your needs before you lay down any money.
Bobcat 500 frame-size skid-steer
The pitch: The Bobcat 500 frame-size skid-steer loaders provide operators with extensive feature upgrades, including increased visibility, a more comfortable cab and easier serviceability to maximize jobsite efficiency.
- The S510, S550 feature a radius lift path, providing operators the reach and visibility they require for dumping over a wall, backfilling or loading flatbed trucks. The S530, S570, S590 feature a vertical lift path, providing operators the ability to lift heavier loads higher, making it easier to clear high-sided truck boxes and hoppers, as well as placing pallets loaded with heavy material.
- The cab door threshold has been lowered and the overall surface of the door has increased more than 40 percent to provide improved visibility and make it easier for operators to enter and exit the cab.
- The auxiliary hydraulic quick couplers are mounted directly to the front plate of the lift arm to provide a solid mounting, and hoses are routed through the loader arms for better protection.
For more information: www.bobcat.com
Case Alpha Skid-Steer Upgrades
The pitch: Case Construction Equipment upgrades to its four largest Alpha Series skid steers, which now meet emission requirements for Tier 4 Interim certification.
- The Case SR250 and SV300 skid steers now feature 90-hp, 3.4-liter Case diesel engines with the full high-pressure common rail (HPCR) design typically used in larger construction equipment.
- To meet Tier 4 Interim emission requirements, Case equipped the models with cooled exhaust gas recirculation (CEGR) technology, including diesel particulate filter and diesel oxidizing catalyst.
- Rated operating capacities are 2,500 lb for the SR250; 3,000 lb for the SV300.
For more information: www.casece.com
Takeuchi TS-Series Skid Steer Loaders
The pitch: The new Takeuchi-US versatile skid-steer loaders range in operating weight from 6,500-8,600 lbs., and rated operating capacity ranges from 1,500-3,000 lbs.
- Radial and vertical lift path options are available and allow customers to choose the proper configuration to meet their needs.
- Feature responsive, low effort pilot proportional controls.
- The skid-steers have an available two-speed feature with a top speed of 12 mph for enhanced productivity on the jobsite.
For more information: www.takeuchi-us.com
The pitch: The Terex TSR80 radius lift path skid-steer loader boasts an 83-hp, turbocharged Perkins engine with load sensing, variable flow hydraulics and has a rated operating capacity of 2,250 lb with 125 in of lift height and 24 in of reach.
- The engine and hydraulic combination on the TSR80 offers 8,700 lb of tractive effort.
- The TSR80 offers 10.5-inch ground clearance and 26 degree rear angle of departure. These features improve the ability of the machine to traverse soft, uneven terrain, making the workday more productive and less frustrating.
- Travels up to 12 mph and offers a 30-gal fuel tank.
For more information: www.terex.com
Vermeer S450TX Mini Skid-Steer
The pitch: The newest member of the Vermeer mini skid-steer family is well-suited for rental customers, as well as landscapers and general contractors who need a compact machine that can perform various tasks.
- Has a 500-pound (226.8 kg) SAE-rated operating capacity with a 1,430-ibs. tipping capacity. Vermeer has incorporated a four-pump hydraulic system, which provides performance and efficiency when powering attachments.
- A single pilot-operated joystick is now integrated into the S450TX platform, which makes the machine easy to maneuver and operate in comparison to manual control systems.
- The S450TX offers the customer the ability to customize the machine with the choice of engine and track options. The Kubota 24.8-horsepower (18.2 kW) diesel engine and Kohler EFI 27-horsepower (19.9 kW) gas engine are designed for those who use attachments requiring greater engine torque.
For more information: www2.vermeer.com