Here’s a few of the newer pieces of compact equipment on the market.
Gehl R Series Radial-Lift Skid Loaders
The pitch: the Gehl R Series Radial-Lift Skid Loaders, which includes three models – the R190 (pictured), the R220 and the R260, features an enhanced operator station with an integrated digital display, improved visibility all-around, pressurized cabs and Tier IV engines.
- The R Series radial-lift skid loaders fall into the large-frame category. When equipped with optional counterweights, the rated operating capacities range from 2,110 lbs. (957 kg) on the R190 to 2,780 lbs. (1261 kg) on the R260.
- Lift heights reach up to 120.5” (3061 mm) on the R190 and 123” (3124 mm) on the R220 and R260.
- These large-frame loaders come equipped with emissions compliant Tier IV Yanmar engines that incorporate DPF (diesel particulate filter) technology.
For more information: www.gehl.com
Hyundai Tier 4 Mid-Size Excavator
The pitch: Hyundai’s newest crawler excavator, the R260LC-9A provides operators with enhanced features and benefits compared to prior models including a certified Interim Tier 4 engine upgrade, improved hydraulics, increased operator comfort and more durability.
- This excavator is ideal for mid-size excavating projects, road and utility work and demolition.
- The R260LC-9A is part of Hyundai’s new line of 9A series excavators, all of which meet Tier 4 Interim standards.
- The R260LC-9A boasts an operating weight of 56,880 lb., a bucket digging force of 38,290 lbf. (SAE) and maximum dig-depth of 22-ft., 12-in.
For more information: www.hceamericas.com
JCB 8018 Mini Excavator
The pitch: Small but mighty, JCB’s 8018 Mini Excavator offers contractors the power they need in a compact design that works well in confined spaces.
- Powered by a 19 hp Perkins engine, the 8018 features a new fabricated box boom for a rugged and robust appearance.
- All dig-end hoses are routed through the inside of the boom, offering excellent protection when digging narrow trenches.
- The 8018 can excavate to a depth of 8 ft. with a load-over height of 8.8 ft. and a ground-level reach of 13.6 ft.
- Load holding capacity has improved by 52 percent.
For more information: www.jcbna.com
John Deere 50G and 60G Compact Excavators
The pitch: The John Deere 50G and 60G Compact Excavators are the newest models to join the G-Series line.
- The 50G and 60G units feature a wide variety of improvements, many of which affect the cab design to improve visibility, operator comfort and thus productivity.
- The 50G (36 hp/ 26.8 kW) and 60G (53 hp/ 39.6 kW) are outfitted with a DOC/DPF aftertreatment device to meet the Final Tier 4 emissions requirements.
- Both models incorporate the auto-idle feature that slows engine speed when the pilot-control levers are momentarily released – for reduced fuel consumption and noise.
For more information: www.deere.com