Here’s a round-up of some post-emergent products to help you improve the look of your customers’ lawns.
Arysta LifeScience Xonerate
The pitch: Xonerate Herbicide doesn’t just manage or suppress Poa annua, it eliminates it.
- Studies have shown XONERATE to be 90 percent effective in controlling Poa annua.
- By eliminating Poa annua, you’re also eliminating the time and expense of trying to manage it.
- Xonerate can be used as a post-emergent control for smaller percentages of Poa annua, while transitioning to desirable turfgrass.
For more information: www.arystalifescience.com
Bayer Tribute Total
The pitch: Bayer’s Tribute Total is an herbicide that provides LCOs a complete solution for post-emergent treatment in bermudagrass.
- The combination of active ingredients in Tribute Total replaces the need for tank mixing multiple products to achieve desired weed control.
- Tribute Total is effective against a broad spectrum of grassy and broadleaf weeds, sedges and kyllingas.
- The post-emergent herbicide controls problem weeds such as dallisgrass and crabgrass, as well as yellow and purple nutsedge.
For more information: www.BackedbyBayer.com
FMC Blindside Herbicide
The pitch: Blindside herbicide is a postemergence herbicide offering a solution for weeds like doveweed, dollarweed, buttonweed and sedges in warm-season turf.
- Offering Transition Zone flexibility, Blindside can be applied to most types of warm-season turfgrass – even St. Augustinegrass – as well as Kentucky bluegrass and tall fescue.
- Dual-action Blindside works through both foliar and root uptake to deliver faster control of more than 70 broadleaf weeds and sedges.
- Blindside can also be applied in warmer temperatures without causing additional stress to turf.
For more information: www.fmcprosolutions.com
The pitch: Negate 37WG’s synergistic formulation allows turf managers to control more than 35 grasses and broadleaf weeds in Bermudagrass and Zoysiagrass.
- Inhibits the growth enzyme acetolactate synthase (ALS), providing post-emergent control.
- Also controls problematic grasses such as POA, and ryegrass as well as broadleaf weeds.
- Attacks grasses and weeds systemically, moving through the plant by absorption through the foliage and roots.
For more information: www.quali-pro.com/negate or call 800-242-5562.
Valent SureGuard Herbicide
The pitch: SureGuard Herbicide from Valent Professional Products controls weeds and enhances knockdown performance of glyphosate when used as a tank mix partner, even on glyphosate-resistant weeds.
- Now SureGuard is available for dormant Bermudagrass applications.
- When applied in the late fall to dormant Bermudagrass, SureGuard provides preemergence and postemergence control of Poa annua and a broad spectrum of winter annual broadleaf weeds.
- When applied in the winter to dormant Bermudagrass, SureGuard offers outstanding preemergence control of challenging summer weeds like goosegrass and crabgrass.
For more information: www.valentpro.com/sureguard