This industry isn’t just about fast mowers or powerful compact equipment. Sometimes you need to get from point A to point B on a job site. Check out these utility vehicles that can fill that role.
Club Car’s Carryall 242
The pitch: The Club Car Carryall 242 is the most compact, economical utility vehicle in the company’s history.
- Replaces the Carryall 232 and includes more leg room and increased comfort thanks to a shorter, more ergonomically designed dash and a spacious bench seat
- Offers speeds of 17-19 mph.
- Its tilting bed box carries 300 pounds and the total vehicle capacity is 800 pounds.
For more information: www.clubcar.com
Cushman LSV 800 Street-Legal Utility Vehicle
The pitch: The Cushman LSV 800 is a street-legal utility vehicle to be used for management of large grounds.
- Has a maximum speed of 25 mph.
- With four 12-volt deep-cycle batteries, the LSV 800’s 48-volt AC electric drivetrain can provide up to 25 miles of travel.
- It can also be equipped with Exceed Hybrid Technology, extending range to up to 150 miles between charges.
For more information: www.cushman.com
Husqvarna Utility Vehicle
The pitch: The Husqvarna utility vehicle HUV4421DXP is a multi-purpose machine that satisfies the requirements in forests, municipalities, industries and major gardens.
- Powered by 20-hp Kubota diesel engine
- All-wheel drive with automatic front and rear locking differential
- Vehicle load capacity is 1,200 lbs. with an 800-lbs. bed capacity
- Carries a two-year warranty
For more information: www.husqvarna.com
John Deere Gator Crossover Utility Vehicles
The pitch: The new John Deere Gator Mid-Duty XUV 550 and 550 S4 crossover utility vehicles have the ability to transport up to four people across landscapes.
- Provides 9 in. of wheel travel, and up to 10.5 in. of ground clearance to smooth out the ride.
- For the 550, you can choose from either standard high back bucket seats or bench seats. The 550 S4 comes standard with two rows of bench seats.
- Both vehicles have a top speed of 28 mph, and 4-wheel drive to quickly traverse all types of terrain.
For more information: www.deere.com
Polaris GEM 2013 Models
The pitch: The Polaris GEM 2013 Models are equipped with new standard features and customization options.
- New standard features on all 2013 GEM e2, e4, e, eS, eL and eL XD models include high-low beam headlamps for improved visibility while driving, and a day-night mirror that offers the ability to reduce reflective glare.
- Also included are improved front brakes, suspension technology borrowed from Polaris’ powersports products, improved steering components for greater control and enhanced foot pedals.
- GEM cars reach a top speed of 25 mph
For more information: GEMcar.com.
Terex Hydrostatic Site Dumpers
The pitch: Designed with narrower dimensions and a tighter turning radius, the new Terex TA2H, TA2SH, TA3H and TA3SH site dumpers have enhanced maneuverability to work efficiently in tight places.
- Terex site dumpers are perfectly matched to the bucket capacity of a mini excavator and are ideally suited for congested job sites and the rental market.
- The new hydrostatic transmissions on these Terex dumpers drive through a new drop box and axles, providing smooth, clutch-less operation.
- Operators can now select the dumpers’ directional drive through the steering column-mounted lever for ease of use.
For more information: www.terex.com