Optigard Fire Ant Baithttp://www.syngentaprofessionalproducts.com
OPTIGARD FIRE ANT BAIT controls imported fire ants on lawns, turf areas, and non-crop areas.
Optigard® Fire Ant Bait from Syngenta Professional Products contains abamectin, a naturally derived substance fermented from the soil microorganism, Streptomyces avermitilis. Abamectin is a slow-acting insecticide that is effective in controlling fire ants, including red imported fire ants and southern fire ants. Optigard Fire Ant Bait is highly attractive to foraging ants, and is readily taken into the mound and transferred to the queen, workers, and ant larvae. Optigard Fire Ant Bait controls workers and reproductive fire ants with two distinct modes of action: 1. Stomach toxicant—kills ants slowly once they ingest the bait. This slow action is important because it allows worker ants to transfer product throughout the colony and eventually to the queen. 2. Insect growth regulator (IGR)—It directly impacts the queen by inhibiting viable egg production after ingestion. The dual modes of action result in elimination of the ant colony. Formulated in a corn grit base with an oil attractant, Optigard Fire Ant Bait is a ready-to-use product packaged in a 2-lb jug with a shaker top.
- Kills queens and workers.
- Highly attractive to foraging ants, and is readily taken into the mound and transferred to the queen, workers, and ant larvae.
- Dual modes of action: stomach toxicant and insect growth regulator.
- Favorable environmental fate: active ingredient binds tightly to soil and is broken down by soil microorganisms.
- Attractive, easy-to-use bait formulation - packaged in 2lb jug with shaker cap.