PORTLAND — Online registration has now opened for the 2021 Farwest Show, which will take place Wednesday-Friday, August 18-20 at the Oregon Convention Center in Portland, Oregon.
Early-bird discounts are available on show passes, seminar passes and pesticide classes through July 31. To register, click here.
“People have been telling us they want to be back together, face-to-face,” Farwest Show Director Allan Niemi said. “We are eager to showcase what the Oregon nursery industry has to offer to the country. In terms of safety, we’re going to have protocols in place to protect everyone according to current guidelines. We will make adjustments to those as guidance changes and conditions warrant.”
The show will have a complete set of offerings, including:
- A keynote presentation from Katie Dubow of Garden Media Group;
- Nearly 40 hours of industry-leading educational seminars on a variety of relevant topics;
- A full lineup of social and networking events, including the traditional Emergent networking event built around new nursery professionals and day-closing Happy Hour on Wednesday, plus a special Women in Horticulture event and legendary Farwest Pub Crawl on Thursday;
- The New Varieties Showcase, displaying the most exciting new plant introductions coming to the marketplace;
- The Growing Trends Showcase on the show floor, highlighting a current landscaping trend; and
- The Solutions Center on the show floor, offering mini-seminars on a variety of relevant topics for the nursery industry.
The traditional Farwest Show nursery bus tours, typically held the day before the show begins, will begin again in 2022.