The pitch: BOB-CAT’s first stand-on mower, the QuickCat, features a design that places the platform close to the drive axles, reducing vibration and rider fatigue.
- The QuickCat has an 8 mph mowing speed and a 10.5 mph transport speed.
- It features a 6.5-gallon fuel tank that’s placed low on the machine for improved balance on uneven ground.
- The mower’s DuraDeck is backed by a limited lifetime warranty.
For more information: Bobcatturf.com
Dixie Chopper Stryker
The pitch: Dixie Chopper’s Stryker stand-on features 48- or 54-inch deck options.
- Features a 26 HP Briggs & Stratton Vanguard engine.
- The Stryker’s small footprint allows it to fit through narrow gates and takes up less trailer space.
- Operators can flip up the operator platform to use the Stryker as a conventional walk-behind for more mowing options.
For more information: Dixiechopper.com
Exmark Vantage S-Series
The pitch: Exmark has added a 60-inch version of its Vantage S-Series Propane stand-on rider.
- The machine features a Kohler Command Pro PCV740 V-Twin EFI propane engine.
- The automotive-style closed-loop electronic fuel injection eliminates carburetor-related issues.
- The UltraCut Series 4 cutting deck features flow-control baffles.
For more information: Exmark.com
The pitch: The new Ferris FW35CC commercial walk-behind mower is a dual hydrostatic machine.
- Options include 48-, 52- or 61-inch mowing decks and centralized control handlebars.
- Dual commercial Hydro-Gear ZT-3100 transaxles with 7-inch cooling fans are standard on all models.
- A quick-adjust handle allows the operator to change cutting heights from 1.5 to 5 inches.
For more information: Ferrismowers.com
The pitch: Gravely has unveiled a redesigned series of its Pro-Stance stand-on zero-turn mowers.
- The Pro-Stance can act as either a stand-on or walk-behind mower, depending on the operator’s preference.
- The Pro-Stance series is offered in 36-, 48-, 52- or 60-inch deck sizes, and are available with either Kawasaki or Kohler EFI engines.
- The unit’s foot pedal height adjustment allows operators to easily change the height of cut or feather the deck over obstacles while mowing.
For more information: Gravely.com
Jacobsen SZT Pro Series
The pitch: Jacobsen recently launched its SZT Pro Series stand-on mower, a flagship product of the all-new Professional Series commercial-grade mowers and utility vehicles.
- It features a 26 HP Briggs & Stratton Vanguard 810cc engine and two different deck sizes: 48 and 54 inch.
- The operator platform can be flipped up to use the SZT as a conventional walk-behind.
- Built-in footsteps allow the operator to shift weight balance for better traction along hillsides.
For more information: Jacobsen.com
The pitch: Toro's all-new 48-, 52- and 60-inch GrandStand stand-on mowers feature upgraded top ground speed from 8 mph to 10 mph, a 25 percent increase from the previous generation.
- The GrandStand mowers have increased the fuel capacity from 7.8 to 10.5 gallons and a transparent fuel tank makes it easy to gauge the fuel level by sight.
- The three models feature an integrated parking brake and the 52-inch EFI model has a power increase from 23 to 25 HP.
- Other features include a solid drive linkage from the hand controls to the fuel pump and a repositioned engine that allows ample space for easy access to service components.
For more information: Toro.com
Wright 72-inch Stander ZK
The pitch: Wright has added a 72-inch model to its line of Stander ZK mowers, giving contractors the choice of three Aero-Core deck sizes: 52, 61 and 72 inches.
- The 72-inch Stander ZK features a mowing speed of 12.5 mph.
- The 17.5 gallon fuel tank eliminates the need to carry extra gas.
- The Aero-Core deck has air-tapered surfaces that eliminate clumping, and its airflow stands grass up for a uniform cut.
For more information: Wrightmfg.com