Cat 304.5E2 XTC
The pitch: The Cat 304.5E2 XTC mini-hydraulic excavator is the first model in the Xtra Tool Carrier lineup.
- Built on the E2 platform, the 304.5E2 XTC has a skid-steer coupler interface.
- The manual coupler allows for use of compact loader tools including, general purpose bucket, trenchers, rakes and more.
- The coupler operation is controlled through a flick of the XTC switch on the right hand console in the operator station, then the standard right-hand joystick becomes your loader.
For more information: Cat.com
The pitch: JCB’s 85Z-1 compact excavator features a revised H-design undercarriage, steel body panels and a JCB by Kohler engine.
- The engine uses 10 percent less fuel than the previous models.
- The engine also conforms to Tier 4 Final emissions standards without requiring a diesel particulate filter.
- It is also available with a roto/tilt function installed and ready for use with a number of rotating and tilting bucket mount systems.
For more information: Jcbna.com
The pitch: A key feature of the Takeuchi TB210R is the minimal tail swing design.
- It also features a retractable undercarriage, a backfill blade that can go from 40.2 inches wide down to 29.5 inches wide.
- Upgrades to the TB210R include pilot operated joystick controls with ISO/SAE control pattern change valve, selector valve, and pilot accumulator.
- A new Kubota D722-E4B three-cylinder engine powers the TB210R and delivers nearly 22 percent more horsepower than its predecessor the TB108.
For more information: Takeuchi-us.com
The pitch: The new Terex TC85 compact crawler excavator features a short radius tail-swing and a Knickmatic boom offset that allows operators to dig alongside the machine’s own tracks.
- Weighing 18,080 pounds it features a dig depth of 14 feet, 10 inches, a bucket digging force of 11,960 pound-force and a reach of 25 feet, 4 inches.
- Three track options are available for this machine: rubber (standard), steel and steel with rubber pads.
- It comes equipped with Terex Smart Control, an intelligent operating system that makes it easier to adjust the machine to suit particular applications and operators.
For more information: Terex.com