FREDERICK, MD — NaturaLawn of America is accepting applications for The Dan Collins Scholarship Award in memory of Dan Collins, a past franchise owner who passed away from cancer in 2005.
In honor of Dan, the NaturaLawn of America franchise system created the scholarship to help students with the cost of their higher education. The scholarship currently provides a one-time $4,000 stipend to the winning student to be used towards their college education. The award is open to high school seniors or full-time undergrads. To enter, students will be required to submit two essays, along with proof of enrollment in a high school or a college or university.
Application submissions to The Dan Collins Scholarship Award (including all essays, letters of recommendation, transcripts, etc.) should be postmarked no later than April 30 for this year's award.
In addition to the completed application and a possible interview with NaturaLawn of America management, the following criteria will be considered during the decision process:
- The applicant should be a current high school senior or enrolled as a full-time student in a two-year associate degree or four-year bachelor degree college/university program.
- Submission of a transcript showing a high school or current college/university GPA level of at least 2.5.
- A one-page essay explaining why you should receive this award.
- A one-page essay recounting how you may use your degree and knowledge gained from your education.
- Up to three letters of recommendation.
- Preference may be given to NaturaLawn employees' children.
- Preference may be given to students enrolled in or with experience in the field of turfgrass management.
Click here to apply and for more information.