COLUMBUS, Ohio - Registration is now open to attend the 20th annual Ohio Lawn Care outdoor summer seminar taking place August 7 at the Ohio Turfgrass Foundation Research & Education Facility in Columbus, Ohio. OLCA member registration is $40 for the first person and $30 for every individual thereafter from the same company.
Register by following this link. The event is limited to the first 200 attendees.
- Pesticide Update: FMR’s-Frequently Misunderstood Rules! Joanne Kick-Raack, Independent Consultant (ODA, CORE, .5 hrs.) (WV, Cat 4A-1, Cat 7-1, Cat 11-1, Cat 12-1)
- Ornamental Trees, Shrubs and Flowers Insect & Disease Update “The Bug Doc”, Dave Shetlar, Department of Entomology and Nancy Taylor, Director of the OSU Plant and Pest Diagnostic Clinic (ODA, Cat. 6A, 0.5 hours) (WV, Cat 4A-1, Cat 11-1, Cat 12-1)
- Organics & Synthetic Lawn Care-History, Differences, Results and Environmental Stewardship Dave Gardner, Department of Horticulture and Crop Science (WV, Cat 4A-2, Cat 7-2, Cat 11-2, Cat 12-2)
- Current Diseases and Lawn Problems and How to Identify and Manage Joe Rimelspach, Department of Plant Pathology, OSU (ODA, Cat 6A, .5 hrs.) (WV, Cat 4A-1, Cat 11-1, Cat 12-1)
- Lawn Insect Update – Chinch Bugs, Billbugs and Grubs! Dr. Dave Shetlar, Department of Entomology, OSU (ODA, Cat. 8, .5 hrs) (WV, Cat 4A-1, Cat 11-1, Cat 12-1)
- Weed Control in the Field-Identify, Manage and Product Update Dr. Ken Hutto, Technical Service Manager-FMCProfessional Solutions (ODA, Cat 8, .5 hrs.) (WV Cat 4A-1, Cat 11-1, Cat 12-1)
- Supplier and Equipment Showcase (WV Cat 4A-1, Cat 7-1, Cat 11-1, Cat 12-1) Vendors will give a five minute highlight of something “new” or of interest to the participants.