The Orange County chapter of the California Landscape Contractors Association (CLCA) recently held their 2015 Beautification Awards honoring 17 local landscape contractors for excellence in landscape installation and maintenance, and demonstrating the best quality, construction, originality and attention to detail on projects completed within the last year. A total of 57 awards were presented in 27 categories culled from 89 entries, which encompassed residential and commercial landscape construction, maintenance and renovation, along with water features, outdoor lighting and water-saving California-friendly landscaping.
The five top award winners are:
• Brilliance Award for the best overall lighting project combining workmanship, craftsmanship and creativity to Terra Prima of Corona del Mar for the Pelican Hill Residence in Newport Coast.
• Allen Chariton Memorial Judges Award for the best landscape maintenance to Las Flores Landscape of Orange for Los Olivos Apartment Village of Irvine.
• Sweepstakes Award for the best overall entry from all categories to Richard Cohen Landscape of Lake Forest for the Orange County Estate Project in Orange County.
• Bill Vandergeest Excelsior Award given to a contractor who has been a member of CLCA for less than a year to California Landcare of Santa Ana for Promontory Pointe Apartments in Newport Beach.
• Robert Wade Memorial Presidents Award for best landscape installation, landscape renovation or water conservation to Tropical Plaza Nursery in Villa Park for the Covington Residence in Villa Park.
Multiple award winners included (each received 2 to 9 awards):
• Complete Landscape Care of Whittier
• Mission Landscape Companies of Santa Ana
• Nor-Land Landscaping of Laguna Niguel
• Terra Prima of Corona del Mar
• So Cal Concepts of Irvine
• Tierra Verde Landscape of Huntington Beach
• Tropical Plaza Nursery of Villa Park
• Roger's Gardens of Corona Del Mar
• Vandergeest Landscape Care of Santa Ana
• Visionscape of Laguna Beach
• Land Mechanics of Orange
• Richard Cohen Landscape of Lake Forest
Other companies receiving a single award included:
• Bemus Landscape of Santa Ana
• California Landcare of Santa Ana
• DMA Greencare of Anaheim
• Las Flores Landscape of Orange
• Gothic Landscape of Valencia
For a complete list of categories and recipients, please contact Conrad PR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The recipients are divided into town, city and region, along with category.
Award entries are judged by a panel of expert CLCA members who closely inspect each nomination for the quality of workmanship and materials utilized. Each landscaping entry must adhere to industry standards and have demonstrated proper execution.
The judges for the contest included:
Barbara Alvarez, Alvarez Landscape & Maintenance
Jim Antonowitsch, County Wide Landscaping (retired)
Jessica Centeno, Centeno’s Landscaping Company
David Oborn, Hunter/FX
Jim Boike, Vista Professional Outdoor Lighting
CLCA is an active force in the statewide effort to conserve water. As water-efficient irrigation experts, many members are invaluable sources for consultations on planning and installing water-saving irrigation systems. CLCA also conducts an active public information program on landscape water management.