1. Bandit Micro Chip Drum Option
The pitch: A specialized micro chip drum from Bandit Industries is now available for select Bandit whole tree chippers.
- The new drum design features double the knives found on a standard drum.
- The micro chip drum can also be converted to a normal chipping configuration for standard sized chips.
For more information: www.banditchippers.com
2. Bradco Series II Mulchers
The pitch: The Bradco Series II Mulchers by Paladin Attachments attach to excavators, skid steers and forestry tractors to shred hardwood trees, brush and ground vegetation up to eight inches in diameter.
- Available in cutting widths of 36, 60 and 72 inches.
- They can be switched between prime movers without changing hydraulic motors, belts or belt drive sprockets/pulleys.
For more information: www.paladinattachments.com
3. Dosko 4-in Chipper
The pitch: The Dosko 13-21T-13H is a portable, gravity-fed chipper.
- Can fit through a 32-in. doorway or gate.
- At 54 inches high, the discharge chute enables users to direct chips into the back of a truck or trailer.
For more information: www.dosko.com
4. Loftness TimberAx Skid-Steer Attachment
The pitch: Loftness offers the TimberAx skid-steer attachment as part of its VMLogix line of products.
- The TimberAx uses a knife system to cut grass, vines, brush or trees up to six inches in diameter, or intermittently cut material up to 12 inches in diameter.
- The 17-in. rotor of the TimberAx features a reverse-rotation design to lift material off the ground for proper cutting, and this attachment is designed to improve cutting performance and mulching without driving uncut material into the ground.
For more information: www.vm-logix.com
5. Morbark Biomass Microchipper
The pitch: Morbark, has redesigned its 40/36 Whole Tree MicroChipper.
- The latest model includes an enhanced drum set with 16 knives utilizing standard hardware, and has average fuel consumption of 2.25 tons of micro-chips produced per gallon of fuel used.
- In customer tests, 95-98 percent of the micro-chips produced passed through a ½-in. grate, and 72-74 percent passed through a ¼-in. grate.
For more information: www.morbark.com
6. Vermeer Gas Engine Option BC1000XL
The pitch: Complete with an 89-horsepower, GM industrial 3.0L gas engine, the BC1000XL brush chipper is powered an electronic fuel injection (EFI) system.
- A direct electronic pressure regulator allows for greater control of fuel delivery, fuel economy and optimum combustion.
- Operators have the option of choosing three different droop settings that adjust the rpm to fit specific applications.
For more information: www.vermeer.com