DENVER — OnTerra Systems, the developers of RouteSavvy automated route planning software, introduced a new version of RouteSavvy that provides innovations in route optimization technology. This RouteSavvy “productivity” software release simplifies and speeds up the location data import and route building process, as well as automatically generating optimized routes for deliveries, pick-ups, service calls and sales calls.
“This new version of RouteSavvy route planning software dramatically simplifies the route building process,” said Steve Milroy, OnTerra Systems president. “The vision for this new version of RouteSavvy is to simplify & automate the route building, route planning, and route optimization process, allowing every user to become a ‘power user.’”
RouteSavvy is cloud-based route planning software designed specifically for the needs of small to mid-sized businesses & non-profits. RouteSavvy generates more efficient routes for deliveries, pick-ups, service calls and sales calls. Efficient routing significantly lowers fleet operating expenses by reducing miles driven, with the following benefits:
- Reduced fuel consumption & less operational budget spent on fuel
- Lower fleet maintenance expenses tied to mileage (oil changes, tire replacement, etc.)
- Minimized overtime labor costs
In addition, RouteSavvy’s ability to generate more efficient routes typically leads to increases in business revenue and profitability, because more deliveries, pick-ups, or service calls can be shoe-horned into the work week.
RouteSavvy’s new Easy Route Builder tool allows users to upload addresses for a route using RouteSavvy’s new drag-n-drop function, and RouteSavvy can automatically turn uploaded locations into stops and automatically generate an optimized route. This innovative technology saves time and makes it even easier to import location data in seconds; build efficient, optimized routes for deliveries, pick-ups, or service calls; and generate more efficient, optimized routes.
RouteSavvy now offers new drag-n-drop functionality including:
- Ability to drag files with addresses into a Welcome dialog box so RouteSavvy can automatically create an optimized route;
- Ability to drag stops (addresses) up or down within an established route to manually change the order of the deliveries, pickups, or service calls;
- Ability to drag files with addresses onto the RouteSavvy web map to load spreadsheet data. This allows power users to quickly add multiple files of data to begin building or editing routes.
For those businesses or non-profits that have a specific location such as a warehouse, headquarters, or distribution center from which the optimized routes always will originate or end, RouteSavvy allows users to set a Default address as a Start Route or End Route designation. The Start Route or End Route Default setting can be set once, and then RouteSavvy will generate optimized routes based on the specific location where the routes will always start or end.