Here's a sampling of some attachments you can use next time you need to cultivate turf.
When you can complete multiple jobs on one piece of equipment, it makes your life and your employees’ lives easier. So, if you’re able to mow a lawn and cultivate it without switching machines, why not do it? We rounded up a few cultivation attachments that you can attach to your mower or tractor.
Brinly 40-in. Dethatcher
The pitch: The Brinly 40-in. Dethatcher was recently re-released with transport wheels that can be engaged or disengaged while seated.
- The 20 independently flexing tines are 3/16-in. in diameter and feature a spring steel with triple coil strength.
- Three modes of operation (dethatch, scarify and transport) are all easily engaged from tractor seat.
- Tines come pre-assembled on tine tray to decrease assembly time.
For more information: www.brinly.com
Husqvarna Mulching Kit
The pitch: The kit includes everything needed to convert the lawn tractor to a mulching application.
- Mulching converts clippings into very small particles.
- Clippings that are mulched are sent back into the lawn as nutrients.
- Husqvarna offers mulch kits that fit all of our lawn tractors, including those with 38-, 42-, 46-, 48- and 54-in. decks.
For more information: www.husqvarna.com
The pitch: Aerate and loosen compacted soil in less time with less labor with a Grasshopper AERA-vator coreless lawn aerator.
- The PTO-driven AERA-vator works without slicing or cutting.
- The vibrating tines deep-fracture soil instead of plugging cores, which means turf areas are immediately available for use.
- The AERA-vator attaches in place of the out-front mower deck for zero-turn maneuverability.
For more information: www.grasshoppermower.com/aerate
TurfEx TS200 Spreader
The pitch: TurfEx’s TS200 spreader is a zero-turn mower attachment capable of spreading seed, fertilizer and ice melt.
- It holds up to 2.5 cubic ft. of material and features a corrosion-resistant polyethylene hopper to reduce weight.
- The spreading operation is controlled via the manual flow gate and electric-powered spinner, both of which can be actuated from the mower’s seat.
- The spinner includes adjustable paddles for fine-tuning the spread pattern.
For more information: www.trynexfactory.com
© Mack2happy | Dreamstime.com