The report features expert insights and proprietary data aggregated from more than 160,000 residential cleaners, landscapers, HVAC technicians, window washers, plumbers and more who use Jobber.
“The performance of the Home Service category has made the trades an attractive option for entrepreneurs, those seeking a career change, and young adults entering the workforce,” said Sam Pillar, CEO & co-founder of Jobber. “2021 was a notable year as it demonstrated just how essential the Home Service category is with its high growth and unprecedented consumer demand.”
Among noteworthy findings for the green industry:
- The green segment, which includes outdoor services such as pressure washing, lawn care, and landscaping, experienced high growth in new work scheduled during 2021, while other segments slowed down
- Green businesses, which showed the lowest percentage of online payments prior to the pandemic, has seen rapid adoption, climbing over 35%
- The ratio of hires to job openings continued to grow, such that job openings widely outnumbered positions being filled
To read the report, click here.
Latest from Lawn & Landscape
- Takeuchi adds Baldwin, Wells to manager roles
- Mariani Landscape acquires Ed Castro Landscape
- Choose Joy
- Ewing taps Yarian as irrigation category manager
- 3 brands combine as Petitti Family of Farms
- VP Racing Fuels debuts EcoGen
- BrightView acquires Island Plant Company
- LMN introduces Job Costing Advisor