BIRMINGHAM, Ala. – Landscape Workshop recently completed the acquisition of certain assets of Bayou Lawn & Landscape Services (Bayou) based in Valparaiso, Florida. With this recent expansion to the Emerald Coast, Landscape Workshop will now have 10 branch locations throughout the Southeast.
Bayou was originally founded by Matt Schwab in 1995 before Jim Allen purchased the company in 1999. In addition to commercial landscape maintenance, Bayou’s client portfolio also includes a variety of residential properties along the Emerald Coast and surrounding areas. After much deliberation by Allen, and with his impending retirement on the horizon, he decided to sell the company and certain Bayou assets to Landscape Workshop due to its reputation and 35-year record of professionalism. Allen plans to stay on board throughout the transition period, and Bayou’s Bruce Kennedy will join the Landscape Workshop team as an account manager.
Investment bank Benchmark International and the Anchors Smith Grimsley law firm represented Bayou in the transaction. Bradley served as Landscape Workshop’s legal counsel.
Latest from Lawn & Landscape
- Cuyahoga Community College wins NCLC in Mississippi
- Recession ready
- CASE previews new small articulated loader line
- Kubota SVL75-3 compact track loader
- Kubota introduces new SVL75-3 compact track loader model
- Average Day: Episode 2
- Bartlett Tree Experts acquires two companies
- Albaugh announces acquisition of Corteva Agriscience’s Glyphosate Business