The Atlantic Council’s Washington D.C.-based Adrienne Arsht-Rockefeller Foundation Resilience Center predicts that the United States could lose about $100 billion a year in productivity due to heat. They estimate that number may double by 2030 and could reach as high as $500 billion by 2050.With the growing risk of heat illness on everyone’s minds, it can be hard to know where to start to keep your team safe. Magid, a manufacturer of personal protective equipment innovations, will host a Virtual Lunch & Learn with the National Heat Safety Coalition on April 6, 2022, at 12 p.m. CDT – 8 Steps to a Complete Heat Safety Program. This virtual webinar will include respected experts on heat illness prevention discussing heat safety in the industrial space, with a focus on practical steps workplaces can take to keep workers safe, decrease costs and even increase productivity.
- Margaret Morrissey, the Director of Occupational Safety from KSI at the University of Connecticut and the President of the National Heat Safety Coalition. Her primary research interests focus on prevention of heat-related illnesses and injuries in working populations, exertional heat stroke, and thermoregulatory responses while working in the heat.
- Matt Block, the Director of Health & Safety Services at Magid. He serves as a technical advisor on OSHA compliance issues and sits on numerous safety regulatory committees including the International Safety Equipment Association (ISEA) and the American National Standards Institute (ANSI).
- Adrianna Carrera, a Product Management Specialist at Magid, responsible for developing heat safety products, such as Magid Cool Powered by Mission, that enhance worker productivity.
Participants in this 90-minute virtual session will:
- Understand the costs of a substandard heat safety program including monetary, health, and soft costs in productivity and performance
- Get expert advice and a step-by-step model to implement the 8 Steps to a Complete Heat Safety Program
- Learn about game-changing body cooling innovations that allow workers to cool off instantly any time throughout the workday
- Hear the latest updates on heat safety regulation efforts.
- Have the opportunity to ask questions of our expert panel
All registrants will receive a free Heat Safety Toolkit including:
- Downloadable Heat Safety Guidebook
- Downloadable Heat Safety Training PPT
- Heat Safety Reminder Poster Pack
- Magid Cool Powered by Mission Cooling Towel
Live attendees receive:
- Lunch on us with a $10 Grub Hub gift card
- A certificate of completion* that can be submitted for CEU Certification Hours
- A chance to win one of two Wet Bulb Globe Temperature (WBGT) monitors, valued at $400 apiece.