Colorado-based Metco Landscape is apparently going out of business, and last week filed a notice with the Colorado Secretary of State's Office that it will lay off hundreds of workers in its Denver metro area and Colorado Springs offices.
Metco ranked No. 32 on the 2021 Top 100 list.
The California investment firm, Atar Capital, that owns the 35-year Denver area landscaping company said it's in receivership in a district court in Boulder, meaning its assets are being sold as the company can't pay its debts.
Companies in Colorado are required to file a “Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act” (WARN) notice when layoffs are imminent.
The company indicated that it would lay off 343 workers in the coming weeks, most in its Aurora, Arvada and Englewood offices. It also indicated that it planned to lay off 36 workers in El Paso County.
This story originally appear in the Denver Gazette. To read the full article, click here.
Latest from Lawn & Landscape
- Sperber Landscape Companies names Jeff Berg as CEO
- Horizon acquires ProWater Irrigation & Landscape Supply
- Patio plus
- Spring Meadow Nursery, HRI award Proven Winners scholarships
- Senske Services expands into Colorado Springs
- Cuyahoga Community College wins NCLC in Mississippi
- Recession ready
- CASE previews new small articulated loader line