The pitch: Win the insect battle with Aloft Insecticide.
- Its formulation provides season-long control of all major turfgrass insects and surface-feeding pests, including white grubs, with one early application.
- Aloft Insecticides are broad-spectrum, long-lasting contact and systematic insecticides for control of insects infesting lawns and ornamentals in landscapes and surrounding areas.
- All formulations can be used around residences, business complexes, industrial complexes, airports, playgrounds, schoolyards, parks and recreation areas, athletic fields, cemeteries, arboretums and non-production greenhouses.
FMC Talstar XTRA featuring Verge
The pitch: Delivering long-lasting residual protection new Talstar XTRA featuring Verge is labeled for use against more than 75 lawn pests.
- Includes zeta-cypermethrin, a new active ingredient designed for accelerated knockdown and kill.
- Provides up to four months of reliable control of cinch bugs, as well as most ants (including fire ants), fleas, ticks, mole crickets, earwigs, crane flies and many other lawn pests.
- The Verge granule is uniform in size and shape for improved ballistics during application.
For more information: www.fmcprosolutions.com
Quali-Pro Imidacloprid T&O 2F
The pitch: Quali-Pro’s Imidacloprid provides broad-spectrum, systemic control of major turf and landscape pests, including grubs, masked chafers, Japanese beetles, European chafers and mole crickets.
- Imidacloprid is built for foliar and complete insect control and is designed to kill grubs beneath the soil.
- Imidacloprid’s residual activity allows for applications preceeding egg-laying or hatch activity.
- The ideal time to spray Imidacloprid is mid-summer, depending on your soil temperature and life cycle of your grub species.
For more information: www.quali-pro.com.
PBI Gordon Zylam
The pitch: Zylam provides rapid control of many key turfgrass insect pests including mole crickets, European crane flies, billbugs and annual bluegrass weevils and provides activity on chinch bug, cutworms and white grub larvae.
- The active ingredient in Zylam acts on insect pests through contact and ingestion resulting in the termination of feeding. Insect death occurs shortly after.
- It moves from the soil to the plant. It trans locates quickly within the vascular tissue (xylem) of turfgrass providing control in as little as two days on some insect species. The product is also translaminar, allowing it to be sprayed on the upper surfaces of a turfgrass blade and moving to the underside.
- Zylam 20SG is a soluble granule. Zylam should be watered in after application. It is packaged in a 2.7 lb. jug which covers 1-acre of turf. The end-use mixed product is colorless and odorless.
For more information: www.pbigordon.com